Make a Difference Every Day
When you join the MCW Cancer Center, you’ll work alongside researchers and clinicians dedicated to solving the greatest health challenge of our time.
Learn about the unique membership benefits and responsibilities.
- Invitations to collaborative research program meetings, seminars, retreats, and events
- Access to leading-edge shared resources and technology
- Intramural funding opportunities in basic, translational, clinical, and population sciences
- Mentorship opportunities with senior cancer researchers and/or to serve as a mentor to train and facilitate research with the next generation of cancer researchers
- Opportunities to be selected as a recipient of donor-directed philanthropy
- Access to support the Cancer Center’s Administrative Office for support in:
- Development and submission of large, multi-departmental, cancer-specific grants
- Planning, scheduling, and organization of Cancer Center endorsed activities benefiting a large contingent of membership
- Announcement of new research developments and clinical breakthroughs by public relations and media relations professionals
- Philanthropic activities supporting Cancer Center strategic goals
- Participate in Cancer Center symposia, retreats, seminars, and surveys
- Provide annual lay and scientific progress reports for your cancer-related projects
- Maintain your publications list on the Faculty Collaboration Database
- Indicate your Cancer Center membership on all grant submissions
Membership Application Process
Step 1: Choose A Program
Prior to applying, individuals are encouraged to meet with the leaders of the program that most closely aligns with their interests:
Step 2: Apply
Complete the membership application using the Faculty Collaboration Database.
Then, email the required documentation to the MCW Cancer Center.
Step 3: Leadership Review
Membership applications are reviewed and voted upon by the MCW Cancer Center Research Council.
Chosen applicants will receive written notification indicating their type of membership and program placement.